|Prices are Canadian (CAN) dollars. For non-Canadian orders,
the exchange rate will be determined by your credit card company
or financial institution when your order is processed. US Prices are approximations based on the average exchange rate of the day.
Kendrick Stargate II Observatory Tent
|SOLD OUT !
The next new tents won't be available until this coming Winter/Spring 2018.
Why so long? Millions of tents are sold each year, but a tent with a hole in the roof is not a big seller for the average camper. There just arenít very many of us astronomy nutbars that would ever ask for that feature. So, demand needs to build before we dip into the piggy bank to make more. When I say demand, itís a small number and we need to make a minimum #, to the tune of several hundred thousand dollars. With that kind of high-finance, they need to sell quickly, and that is why we go several years between production runs.
Make sure you sign-up for our notification list.
Kendrick Astro Instruments Newsletter Mailing List
When we're getting ready to pull the trigger, we will contact everyone on the list. We will only make enough for pre-orders + 10% and then it will be another 3-4 years before we make more. Karl Baltz's Review (PDF)
We highly recommend you read Karl Baltz's review as it is very comprehensive and has a number of very helpful images.
This is the fourth revision of our popular Observing Tent. It hearkens back to the original design but with some substantial upgrades and improvements.
Our Observing tents provide:
- A secure, private, enclosed environment for amateur astronomers to image, observe and/or store their astronomy equipment while out camping or while attending star parties.
- Weather protection. Equipment can be quickly protected from approaching storms.
- Comfort. With reduced air movement inside the tent, an imager or observer will find they are considerably more comfortable doing their work within the tent as wind chill (which is very noticeable even on summer nights) is reduced greatly.
- Ease of set up in a very portable package. Set-up time 15 to 20 minutes.
What do Stargate II owners think?
Matt Harbison was so impressed that he made a nice video and gave us permission to share. Thank you Matt!
Features and Specifications
- Two rooms: One observing room with zip out roof, One sleeping or computer room.
- Two doors: located at ends of the tent
- Vestibule: Located at end of tent with sleeping room.
- Extra guy line connections for security in windy conditions.
- Weight: 40 lbs, 18 kg (approximate)
- Size (metric); 455 x 273/318 x 173/200/197cm (L x W x H = inner tent)
- Size (imperial); 15' x 9'/10.4' x 5.7'/6.6'/6.5' (L x W x H = inner tent)
- Observing Slot size (metric); 188 cm wide x 198 cm long
- Observing Slot size (imperial); 62" wide x 6'6" long
Are tent pegs included? Yes, BUT... they are the standard light-duty pegs that you get with any tent. We recommend (strongly) that you use a more substantial tent peg. For most soil conditions, a 10" timber nail & fender washer is ideal and can be purchased from Kendrick or any hardware store. For sandy soil, the large nylon pegs work well. The optimum # of pegs is 28. You can get away with less, but you will find it more convenient to open and close the roof if the interior tent and exterior rain-fly are on separate pegs.
* Key materials:
* with welding seam tapes on inner tent/flysheet.
- Inner tent material: Yellow, breathable ripstop Polyester.
- Floor: Grey, Nylon oxford 210D +2000mm PU FR
- Rainfly: White, 190T/210T fabric with 2500-3000PU
- All seams sealed.
- Mesh; Polyester 68D Tricot
- Poles;11mm diameter,aluminum #6061 T8 w/alu. shock-cord pole w/alu. 7001 T6 insert
- Zipper; YKK #5/#8 polyester R/C zipper,
- Stakes; Aluminum #7075 7 inch long pin stakes
- Webbing; Polypropylene
- Guy-rope; Polypropylene
- Carry bag; Polyester oxford 450mm PU FR
* with set-up instruction sheet.
* with webbing handle style zippered carry bag.
This unique product has amazing, long lasting glow in the dark capability that lasts for hours! Replace your guy lines with Glo-Rope and no-one will trip over your tent guy lines with this in place! Our tests showed the rope still glowing 7.5 hours after the sun had set!
Sold in 1 foot increments.
Heavy Duty Tent Pegs
10" timber nails with large Fender washers. The nails slip into the fender washers and they are fantastic as tent poles and it would take an incredibly strong wind to pull them out of the ground.
This unique product has amazing, long lasting glow in the dark capability that lasts for hours! Tie it to your guy lines and other campers will easily see the whereabouts of your guy lines! Not as good a glow in the dark guy lines but certainly cheaper! Like the Glo-Rope, the fabric was still glowing 7.5 hours after the sun had set!
These are 1" wide x 12" long. Sold in packs of 5.
||Fabric Glo-Strip, 12" long. Glows all night. Pack of 5.
Replacement Tent Poles
Replacment tent poles for any Kendrick Observer tent can be found at: tentpoletechnologies.com. Follow the tent pole repair & replacement link.